• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

one of those days

WB

So we got a contract with the city to do all their vehicles. 1st job is to re-stripe a fire truck.. We jumped through the hoops did the measurements, matched the colour and we were off. So today as I was leaving to go do the install my boss says to me.. "Oh there might be abit of white you'll need to take off!" Ok I thought to myself not really thinking.

So I get there and I find out that basically the white vinyl I had to take of was the old white Reflective stripe!:omg: and the stripe on this truck is only on the doors which are the roll-up aluminum kind, so instead of having sections of 4" reflective to take off I had 4x1" stripes per section to take off.. YES!!

BUT WAIT IT GETS BETTER!!!
The passenger side came off like I expected little pieces and left lots of adhesive. Back was the same.. I get to the Drivers side and WTF.. Completely different vinyl instead of coming off in 1 piece and just leaving the adhesive behind when I removed this stuff the top (clear lam) was coming off leaving all the reflective material and adhesive on the truck. So I had to remove the top layer, spray the remaining with Acetone, scrap off with a squeegee then use my adhesive remover and scrap again.. What a fun day!!!

my 2-3 hr install turned into a 7 hr removal,, so much fun.

Do it right the 1st time I say.. heading back on monday to do the install..

20130308_143546.jpg

20130308_153006.jpg

20130308_160305.jpg

Jillbeans

Oh God, what a nightmare.
It's happened to me as well but I knew what I was getting into as I had bid the job from the start.
I had bid in at 4 hours but it took 6, and the fireman saw what a PITA it was and were OK with the additional charges.
I don't think I could feel my fingertips for three days afterwards.
Love....Jill