• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ongoing Print Issues on my RF640

heyskull

I posted this issue a while back regarding how my printer is laying down colours.
Over the last few months I have had one magenta nozzle deflected.
After it blocked completeley last week I carried out a clean and it all came back with no deflections, which was surprissing.

The prints are slightly better but no way as good as when I purchased the machine.
I am currently running Nazdar inks and have used another third party ink for a few months both had this issue.
Is this an ongoing issue with third party inks at the present or is their another issue?
A further point to make is, I believe that it is the Yellow ink that is causing this problem when mixed with either Cyan or Magenta.
Although it is when Magenta and Yellow are mixed the issue is most prominent.
Is it time to swap back to OEM Roland Inks as I have seen re-occuring issues with similar problems on other peoples printers.
I feel that this is an industry wide problem which is due to sub-standard inks.

SC
IMG_20230809_090708.jpg

heyskull

Yes I have tried lots of different profile. with no difference.
It doesn't seem to be an issue with the profile, it is more regarding the way the ink is laid down and how much and maybe the ink itself.

SC
Have you tried the Generic Vinyl II profile in VW?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
2 questions, have you cleaned the lines out and tried with OEM inks, just to rule out the inks? Also, what media are you using, is it compatible with the inks / Printer?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I would suggest running the fill test in service mode and watch as it prints. Look at how the ink is laying down and also look at the finished result. This will help you determine if it's a specific color or all of them...

heyskull

Is there a manual just to show you how to get into the service mode & adjust the bi-dir and do service test prints?

SC

heyskull

When trying to turn on my machine is showing "Service Mode Protected"
How do I access Service Mode?

Thanks
SC

heyskull

No it didn't.
I realigned all the Bi-Directional values and this improved it slightly.
Sadly the Magenta has now failed completley as we think the cap has failed as the ink just ran out whilst printing.
This would be understandable as the magenta channels are along one side of the sealing edge.

SC

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
When you did the head alignments in service mode, did you do all of them or just the bi-directional? You should do all of them and then the bi-directional in the user mode, as well...

heyskull

Well the tech came over yesterday, installed a new cap and serviced it.
He also carried out all the head alignments in service mode and set bi-directional in user mode.
He complemented me as everything looks as new and it is all set as it should be.
The prints are better but still not as when it was printing with OEM Roland Eco-Sol Max 3 inks.

I am beginning to see a lot of other users with similar issues when using third party inks on other printers.
Personally I think something has changed in the mix of the Yellow ink and this is causing bad application issues onto a lot of substrates.
No matter what profile or heat settings are used nothing changes.
I am also thinking that a lot of these third party inks are all being manufactured in the same place with the same mix of chemicals and colours.

SC

heyskull

I didn't want to change back but it seems inevitable if I want it back to how well it was originally printing.

I have noticed their is a huge update for versaworks to 6.19.2 & also Device and Media Files update.
Maybe, just maybe this will fix all my issues....

SC

SE SignSupply

Yes I have tried lots of different profile. with no difference.
It doesn't seem to be an issue with the profile, it is more regarding the way the ink is laid down and how much and maybe the ink itself.

SC
Generic Vinyl II was created specifically to address the coalescence it seems you are experiencing.

Gene@mpls

We have two RFs [and one previously] and have never used OEM inks- Triangle inx by the liter and bulk tanks. These machines are money makers.