• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 10.1 for Windows 10

OyvindAndersson

Hello,

I have a question regarding Onyx 10.1 on a Win 7 64-bit system.
Have anyone tested the software in Windows 10? I want to upgrade the system to Win 10. The initial compatibility check goes clean, but there might be networking issues for all I know.
I have Onyx hooked up to a Oce CS9160 (Mutoh) over TCP/IP.

I know Onyx 12 has official support for it, but the local reseller is quite expensive, and I'll stay on with Onyx 10.1 for Win 7 if this is a problem, but like I said, I'd really like to upgrade to Win 10, so I hope anyone has an answer (Onyx never answered my inquiry).

regards,
Øyvind

SJB

following up

I am about to undergo a similar migration. I see that your post was back before the start of the year. Did you ever upgrade and if so how were the results? I have my onyx (version 10.2) linked to a Scitex FB700 over our network.

Thanks,
SJB

SJB

Everything seems to check out

I went ahead with my upgrade to win10 a few days ago. Everything that I used in Onyx 10 seemed to work fine. Jobs ripped, opened and sent as normal. So as far as I can tell everything checks out. I only used the main rip and the job editor, I did not use the layout tool or cut server.

SJB

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use onyx 11 with win7 and on thing we have to look out for is radial gradients. Not sure what the problem is, but radial gradients can cause major printing issues with the rip.

I've been running 10.2 on Windows 10 for a few months now and the only problem I've found is you can't run it with Administrative Privileges, it crashes after a few seconds. The only problem that creates is when you open Configure Printer it gives you the error saying you need Administrative Privileges to edit most settings and there's only 2 tabs available (Device and Ink Calculation). If you're quick you can open Configure Printer before it crashes, and once you're in there it won't crash until you're done and exit (then promptly crashes).