• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx profiling problem

Grambler

I'm having a problem profiling in onyx 10. I have an eyeone pro. When I go through the process I get to print a swatch. It goes to the rip and then gets to wait on media and goes no further. I know it's got to be something simple but I'm new to onyx and the gs6000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mustafade

Click on your printer on top the screen and check on the right bottom window or middle window and see it there is a print button.

Letterbox Mike

You still have to select the appropriate media for the printer and tell it to print, Media Manager only submits the swatch file to the rip queue, it doesn't automatically print it. IF you're doing that and it's still not printing, I'm not sure, that was just the first thing that popped into my head...

Insignia is right-on. You need to switch into RIP-Queue, and click the Change button at the right. In the resulting dialog, change to the media that you are profiling in Media Manager. After clicking the OK button the job should RIP and print (if Automatic in enabled, or you need to click Send Now button if Automatic is clear).

Letterbox Mike

oh, and don't forget to turn off all color management before you print it. You'll have to actually take the swatch file into Preflight to do that and resubmit it from there...

J

jcuads1

No color management

oh, and don't forget to turn off all color management before you print it. You'll have to actually take the swatch file into Preflight to do that and resubmit it from there...
swatches arrive at RIP Queue from Media Manager with color management off automatically on Version 7. Has that been changed in version 10?

Bly

You can set up direct print from media manager in v7 so it doesn't go into Ripqueue if that suits better.

Letterbox Mike

swatches arrive at RIP Queue from Media Manager with color management off automatically on Version 7. Has that been changed in version 10?

Good to know, when my dealer gave us the rundown on profiling they told us to re-run it through preflight to turn off color management. I wonder if doing that extra step affects the final profile or if it's just redundant?

signswi

Redundant, take what you learn from dealers on profiling with a handful of salt. Never know how fresh their info is or how well they absorbed it in the one quick class they had. Onyx posts decent videos on youtube on how to profile if you're looking for a resource, but it's dead easy in x10 and the details on the right pane during the profiling process explain pretty much everything.

Bly

I found my dealer had next to no idea how Onyx profiling worked.
Your best bet is to read their help docs, view the Youtube vids and join up over at http://onyxtalk.com/ to get help from actual expert users.