• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx/Roland Questions

Rickey J

I have a Roland XR-640 and a Roland GR-640. I am evaluating a copy of Onyx and have run into a few issues and wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues.
The first thing is after I print something and take it to my cutter it will only find the first mark.
The second thing I have found is that it will not Auto Detect the media.

Onyx knows about the issue with the cutter and they are looking into it but I am scratching my head as to why it will not auto-detect the media.

Anyone else have either or both of these issues?
Thank you,

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We run our XR-640 out of Onyx and now that you mention it we do have a lot of issues with it "running out of space" when there's lots of width to work with. It seems to need to waste almost 2-3" of width so you can only really run 51" ish of jobs then waste the rest of the material. I guess that could be a side effect of it not auto-detecting the media.

We cut our jobs on a Summa S or F and have never had issues with it finding marks, so I would assume that's an issue with maybe the Roland sensors not playing nice with Onyx marks? Can you change the type of marks that you're using?

rjssigns

Get something other than Onyx. Yes, I have enough experience with it to develop and overall dislike for the program. Although Onyx would be a treat compare to the Rasterlink I have to run.

Just run VersaWorks for seamless integration and less headaches. Designed to work with Roland equipment, stupid simple and very few issues. I ran VW for years until I got back into Flexi.
Ran fleet wraps with VW along with all kinds of other work.