• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx/Summa barcode help

Indecisive

I don't think this is possible but thought i would ask. Let's say you print a sheet of decals with a barcode but accidently forgot to change the setting from kiss cut to thru cut on Gosign. So now i have 2 kiss cuts. One that goes directly around the design and the other that's about 1/4 of an inch outside. Is there a way to change it from kiss cut to thru cut afterwards? I'm using Onyx and the Summa GoSign. Thanks!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Is there some reason your not using Onyx Cut Server? Go Sign is pretty limited - even the "pro" version - So I'm going to guess that you cannot change the cut type after the fact.

Indecisive

I've actually been trying to use the Onyx Cut Server but i've run into a problem where the files are not populating on the Cut Server for some reason. I'll press print, it'll flash on the Cut Server and then just disappear. I'd like to just bypass the whole GoSign if I can.

Indecisive

I'm not there at the moment but i know it's the last version before the most recent update. I need to update to the latest one.

SlikGRFX

I've actually been trying to use the Onyx Cut Server but i've run into a problem where the files are not populating on the Cut Server for some reason. I'll press print, it'll flash on the Cut Server and then just disappear. I'd like to just bypass the whole GoSign if I can.
Check your cutter settings in cut server. There is a check box for auto cut new files which will send the cut files to a folder for the barcode server rather than leaving them in cut server.

Last edited:

Boudica

Onyx has some settings way down deep. ridiculous. I can't seem to get a cut file to work unless I I apply my quickset, and then modify profiles etc. Its annoying because I can't figure out the "magic" that makes it work, when just applying the cutter doesn't work.
As far as the through cut issue... I think you can change that in cut server... But I haven't needed to try it. You may still need that flex cut path to have another through cut. Not positive.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Check your cutter settings in cut server. There is a check box for auto cut new files which will send the cut files to a folder for the barcode server rather than leaving them in cut server.

Yep - this is likely what's happening. Uncheck forward cut file setting for that cutter. (Click gear icon beside the cutter in question on main Cutserver screen)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Onyx has some settings way down deep. ridiculous. I can't seem to get a cut file to work unless I I apply my quickset, and then modify profiles etc. Its annoying because I can't figure out the "magic" that makes it work, when just applying the cutter doesn't work.
As far as the through cut issue... I think you can change that in cut server... But I haven't needed to try it. You may still need that flex cut path to have another through cut. Not positive.
Just check your quickset so it reads the cutcontours correctly (what ever spot color names you use) and then you select the cutter for your jobs.
It's all there is to it. Rest of the stuff is in cut server but that's all after printing.

Boudica

Just check your quickset so it reads the cutcontours correctly (what ever spot color names you use) and then you select the cutter for your jobs.
It's all there is to it. Rest of the stuff is in cut server but that's all after printing.
It's not that simple though. There is some setting waaaay deep in there. The quickset works great, it's when I try to set it up from scratch is when it doesn't work.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Where do you get stuck? What's the part that is not working?

I can teamviewer to you and show if you want...

Boudica

I appreciate that. I'm not stuck though. I just use the quickset that works ;)

White Haus

Not a Newbie

On a somewhat related note (sorry, not trying to hi-jack this thread) but do you by any chance know of any documentation regarding using different toolpaths/spot color strokes/layers and having that carry through a PDF, Onyx Thrive/Cutserver and GoProduce? I might start a separate thread on this but just figured I'd ask.

For example, we've created files to cut on our Summa F1612 that have a perimeter cut, holes, and v-groove/channel and despite them all being on separate layers and all assigned a different spot color, they'll all merge onto one layer once they hit GoProduce. If we disable auto-forward and view the file in cutserver, you can clearly see the separate layers but you have to manually make a bunch of changes to get it to send proper layers to GoProduce.

Whew, that was rambly!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
On a somewhat related note (sorry, not trying to hi-jack this thread) but do you by any chance know of any documentation regarding using different toolpaths/spot color strokes/layers and having that carry through a PDF, Onyx Thrive/Cutserver and GoProduce? I might start a separate thread on this but just figured I'd ask.

For example, we've created files to cut on our Summa F1612 that have a perimeter cut, holes, and v-groove/channel and despite them all being on separate layers and all assigned a different spot color, they'll all merge onto one layer once they hit GoProduce. If we disable auto-forward and view the file in cutserver, you can clearly see the separate layers but you have to manually make a bunch of changes to get it to send proper layers to GoProduce.

Whew, that was rambly!
Yeah setup correctly it will work automatically.

Open cutserver, edit the cutter, at the bottom you will see default layer for your tool so that will default to everything you haven't named in that box.
Just keep adding your different spot colors and select the proper tool for it. After that it will automatically match them correctly on new files.

Are you by any chance running newest available onyx? Something like 22.2.0 cant remember.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Yeah setup correctly it will work automatically.

Open cutserver, edit the cutter, at the bottom you will see default layer for your tool so that will default to everything you haven't named in that box.
Just keep adding your different spot colors and select the proper tool for it. After that it will automatically match them correctly on new files.

Are you by any chance running newest available onyx? Something like 22.2.0 cant remember.
Okay thanks, will look into the naming conventions and see what's going on.

We're running an older version, Thrive 19.