• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive Margin Help

PrinterQ

Hello, I'm producing some high end artist prints on Giclee paper using a HP Z9+ with Onyx Thrive. The printed size is 800x600mm with a 10mm border, so the finished size of the prints will be 820x620mm. I am using a roll width of 914mm, and have turned the vertical trimmer off (as I find this is not 100% accurate). I have set up the artwork 820 x 620mm I am trying to print this borderless but with 100% scale, so the end result once the print finishes will be 914 x 620mm with the artwork 800x600mm in the centre. The things I have tried:

1) Margin --> normal --> standard
2) Margin --> normal --> Clip inside
3) Margin --> borderless

1 and 2 adds extra margins. 3 increases the size of the printed area 805 x 605 (I know through the printer theres an option of borderless printing with 100%) and uneven margins.

I have also tried printing as 800x600mm with adding 10mm bleed - adds additional margin.

I tried printing through HP Click and this does it correctly (colours not great). I don't understand why I can seem to get the correct results through Onyx.

In a nutshell trying to print borderless with 100% using Onyx Thrive.