• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Tle Map generation

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Anyone have issues printing tile map in Onxy 22? I can't seem to get them to generate either thru Job Editor or from within Thrive. Running 22.5 on Windblows 11Pro, I'm wondering if it's a windows protection thing? Correct folder is selected to write to, says it writes the file (almost instantly) but nothing! Appreciate any insight.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
no issues here (yet). Are you manually generating the tile map, or do you have it set to generate at the time of RIP? Not sure why that would matter, just throwing it out there. I generate them regularly, but I have it set to generate from job editor when I submit it. It might be a windows protection thing. I had to switch which computer we have Onyx on because all of a sudden one day I couldn't run Onyx - we (Onyx support tech) think it might be some windows firewall, but we ended up just moving it to another computer. Getting a new computer very soon, fingers crossed I don't run into this.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
no issues here (yet). Are you manually generating the tile map, or do you have it set to generate at the time of RIP? Not sure why that would matter, just throwing it out there. I generate them regularly, but I have it set to generate from job editor when I submit it. It might be a windows protection thing. I had to switch which computer we have Onyx on because all of a sudden one day I couldn't run Onyx - we (Onyx support tech) think it might be some windows firewall, but we ended up just moving it to another computer. Getting a new computer very soon, fingers crossed I don't run into this.
Thx! I've tried it from what I believe to be all the options, within Job Editor, within Job Editor at time of rip and from Right click within thrive, just seems somewhat wonky, I've generated a few in the past on this computer as well.

Boudica

oh, Just noticed you said your running 22.5, I have 22.0.0.2249... have you ever been able to generate them with 22.5? Might be a flaw in an upgrade? Have you contacted Onyx support?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
oh, Just noticed you said your running 22.5, I have 22.0.0.2249... have you ever been able to generate them with 22.5? Might be a flaw in an upgrade? Have you contacted Onyx support?
I did, got the response below, I stumble thru windows so I'll have to locate and try to adjust some settings.

The creation of the tile map is relatively quick, so the message that it was created successfully will come up quickly.

In my testing using 22.5, I can successfully generate a tile map, in the Job Editor, from the RIP-Queue and when using the at rip time option.

Your security software may be preventing Onyx from saving the file. Try turning off any security software and then attempt to create the tilemap again.

If the issue continues, I recommend reinstalling the software.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Yup running as admin, funky thing is the "Tile Map Generated Successfully" pop up comes up as soon as I click generate tile map, as in instantly.

Boudica

but it's not actually generating? Hmm, it does sound like Windows is preventing it from saving it to your computer. For fun, have you tried changing the directory it saves the tile maps? Like on a network instead of your local computer?

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Ok, this one is on me!! Wicked rookie mistake! Source file issue, I didn't realize that Tile Maps in Onxy don't support PSD files, the particular files I was using were .PSD's, so I saved out as Photoshop PDFs and bam!

Appreciate all the input, maybe my dopiness will save someone else some time down the road? :oops::eek: