• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opening a PDF that was generator in InDesign / Corel X5

fresh

I have Corel X5, and we always have problems importing or opening PDFs that were originally designed in Adobe InDesign CS5.

I right-click on the downloaded file, and "open with CorelDraw."
This particular file has editable fields and multiple pages. When I try to open the entire file, a warning pops up that the file is corrupted. If I only import one page & import text as curves, the file opens, but the text is screwed up.

This happens ALL THE TIME. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to edit the PDF before I open it in Corel?

Mosh

NOPE! Corel always does this, I open pdf's in Signlab then send them to Corel as an esp if I need to work on them in there.

pnklout

hey, the way I deal with this is open the file in illustrator, and then save as illustrator again only I lower the version to CS.(normally it should be CS4 or more depending on the original file).

that's happening always when having to import to corel and this is mostly because corel and adobe are not very compatible nowadays..

if you are going to print and don't care about the vector just open with photoshop and save a tiff for printing...

JgS

Acrobat Pro will do it but not faster than illustrator. If you have Illustrator why not just edit it with that?

fresh

Acrobat Pro will do it but not faster than illustrator. If you have Illustrator why not just edit it with that?

I don't have illustrator on this computer, and I'm really excellent with Corel. This is a flyer job that I'm sending out to a trade printer, and I know how to set up the files in Corel, not so much in Illustrator. I was hoping there was a something else I could that would make it work, but I guess not.

I actually have Acrobat Pro on the same computer as the one with Illustrator, but not on the computer I use 99% of the time. Grr.