• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion on 2 versions of logo.

reQ

I did post couple weeks ago when i was working on my logo. I was done, but met a guy, who said i did not bad but he can make it super nice.

Logo on the right - is my own, logo on the left is his creation.
attachment.php

Attachments

• logoz.jpg
    logoz.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 256

Mikesbales

They both look good. Biggest issue I see with the logo on the left is that "universe" is difficult to read with the dark background. Not enough contrast.

Stormyj

Just another guy
My two cents.
Your's is not bad. I think his has some problems. First thing I notice, or not notice, I cant read "universe", cant read web address (way too small and compressed). Also, his is very dark. Yours is clean, easy to read, can be used in color or black and white. And yours can be easily manipulated to fill different spaces. Both have the design, which is, I guess, supposed to be a "S" which to a person on the street might be hard to read. I see what your going for, but I dont think you are there yet. Keep working on it.
I like yours much better.

2B

agree with the others, the L version is dark and intended for digital work. The R version is suitable for a wider range od applications

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not to get into a word fight, but neither looks like a logo. Left looks like an ad for on the internet. It is not recognizable at a glance. In fact, you hafta almost study it to be capable of reading everything. On the right, it seems disjointed and does not flow. I don't understand the significance of the swirly things. For a logo, it should almost say everything someone should know about you/your business in 2 seconds or less. Don't confuse that with too many words or copy, but an image. The mind's eye will tell the visual eye to move on and read something more comfortable, otherwise.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Swirly thingys are for galaxy/planet. You are the first one who told me that it does not make sense :(

Sorry to be considered for first place, but if you read stormyj's post, he had it wrong, too...... before me. Now that you say what it is, I can see it, but before, after studying it for a while, I still did not know. That's what I meant by recognizable at a glance. It's not what I say or see or think, but what the average person on the street, is gonna see.
:rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at it again, and now I know what's up with the picture on the left....... it looks like Sign Business magazine.

reQ

I was looking at it again, and now I know what's up with the picture on the left....... it looks like Sign Business magazine.
U think i should sell the right for that logo? I should be able to get 100k for it eh? :rock-n-roll:

Marlene

his isn't very good. yours is much better. I get the swirly thing as it looks like a planet. what I don't like are your colors. the gradient with the black looks old and tired as ti was way over done back in the 1990's. even going with the over used process blue and reflex combo would be better. maybe even reflex and dark gary. other than that, I like the way yours looks.

Billct2

One on the left doesn't work at all
At least yours is legible. I just think there needs to be more of a connection
between the symbol and the words.

matthatfieldart

For yours, maybe you could incorporate the swoosh from the planet into the G in "sign" to give it better unity and flow, and remove the plant on the left

niksagkram

Looking at the two together, your eye is drawn towards the one on the right. It is clean and legible, the colours are a great combo, I like it, though some may say the colours have been overused, but, let's face it, haven't most colour combos been overused over the years? The advantage yours has is that it can be easily changed for different applications. I would stick with it. :thumb:

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I like yours better as well. However, I think that you should have graphic of a galaxy instead of a single planet. It goes better with your name.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-08-05 at 9.55.19 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-08-05 at 9.55.19 AM.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 218

GoodPeopleFlags

I like the one on the left, from what I can see of it. I'd like to see it black and white before saying for sure, though. Please take out the website; websites, phone numbers, address, etc., shouldn't be part of the logo.