• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 3268 (6 mil)

Phenex

Anyone using this? A few days ago I asked about Avery 2611 vs GF 226.

I just found my supplier also carries the Oracal 3268 which is also 6 mil and even cheaper than GF226. Cheaper is not always the same and can be worse.

Anyone with experience with this material? Will be using for very short term graphics on walls.

Thanks!

jman

I've used it before. Prints good and the customer who mainly bought it printed and cut from me never had issues that I'm aware of. I'd say go for it.

TomK

I use it for various short term indoor stuff, prints well on my hp latex, no complaints.

oksigns

Anyone using this? A few days ago I asked about Avery 2611 vs GF 226.

I just found my supplier also carries the Oracal 3268 which is also 6 mil and even cheaper than GF226. Cheaper is not always the same and can be worse.

Anyone with experience with this material? Will be using for very short term graphics on walls.

Thanks!

I tried it and I didn't like it. Adhesion is really weak so you better make sure the wall this is going on is a match made in heaven.

My preference is 3169RA. It's not as thick so custom cutting is less error prone, air egress is sweet. Adhesion is a bit better and can contour textured surfaces better.

jman

I tried it and I didn't like it. Adhesion is really weak so you better make sure the wall this is going on is a match made in heaven.

My preference is 3169RA. It's not as thick so custom cutting is less error prone, air egress is sweet. Adhesion is a bit better and can contour textured surfaces better.

I wonder how that removes off wall surfaces though? Seems like that would be alittle too tacky I'd imagine for walls but I could be wrong. I've never used it but would ask Oracal first lol

oksigns

I wonder how that removes off wall surfaces though? Seems like that would be alittle too tacky I'd imagine for walls but I could be wrong. I've never used it but would ask Oracal first lol

It removes fine. I've used all of Oracal's low adhesion materials and settled on this one. It all comes down to testing it for the intended application.

Adhesion is *better* because its a thinner material so it conforms easier. Sometimes, the 3268 just felt like a door mat against the wall.

Oh. and no residue for either product as long as it is exists under suggested operating temps and conditions.