• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 751 on PVC sign post

sign_noob

I purchased some PVC sign delineator posts and I wanted to get your recommendation on the best vinyl to use on it. The posts do not appear to be LSE plastic and it seems that Oracal 751 vinyl adheres reasonably well to it. On top of the sheet of Oracal 751 I am applying Oracal 5300 reflective vinyl for lettering.

I don't currently carry a vinyl designed for Low energy plastics but has anyone had any experience with applying vinyl to PVC? I just don't want to have to replace the vinyl in a year or two.

Do you think I am going about it the wrong way and what would you do differently?

Snydo

You should be fine using 751 for about anything. How does that 5300 weed? I need to get a sample.

sign_noob

You should be fine using 751 for about anything. How does that 5300 weed? I need to get a sample.

It actually weeds nice one you set the perfect depth/force on your blade. Thats the hardest part but once that is done, your golden! It's a stiff vinyl because of the metal flake inside it so it cracks pretty easy. I might think about upgrading to 5800 but client doesn't have the budget for it so I'll probably get to do it over in a few years. LOL

I was hoping that the 751 would adhere nice. It seems to have taken to the PVC quite nicely but we will see what the sun and elements have to say about it. Thanks guys for the help! I'll proceed with my plans.

Starter

3M 94 Primer or equivalent is always a good choice when applying vinyl to LSE. Of course depending on square footage being applied.