• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal issues

CanuckSigns

Is it just me or does Oracal seem to be out of stock on quite a few of their colours? We have a job to go where we need some 8800 translucent 181 Lilac Blue is an exact match for what i need, I don't have a lot of hope for a distributor stocking it due to the fact it's not a very popular colour, but Oracal opened up a 90,000 sq/ft warehouse about 20 miles from my shop, when they opened i was told they would stock a complete lineup of their products and they can direct ship them to my distributor next day, sweet!

Call them up, no stock in any roll size either in canada or in their USA warehouse in Georga, closest roll is in Germany! Ok I pick another colour from their 8500 series, they have a 48" x 50yard roll in Canada, but they are not willing to cut me off 10 yards (colour is 527 pastel blue, i'm guessing a 50 yard roll of that colour is going to sit in the warehouse and go bad!)

So I have to ask, what is the point of having a huge warehouse if you don't even stock all of your own product?!? would it really kill them to stock a 24" & 48" roll of every colour in their book? even if thy have to throw out some of the less popular colours when they go bad, they are the manufacturer, it costs them pretty much $0 to stock their own product!! And if the product is such a slow mover that even the manufacturer can't be bothered to stock it, REMOVE IT FROM THE BOOK so I don't show it to a customer and look like an ******* when I have to explain I can't get a certain colour!

rant over