• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Orajet 3164G/M media profile for Roland VS540i

Miftah

Hi,

I need help to get a profile for Orajet 3164G/M to be used on Roland VS540i Eco-Sol Max 2 ink.
I have visited the Roland profile centre website, but cant get one.
Request has been sent but no reply.

Hopefully I can get it over here.

Many thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Most any decent Oracal profile will work. There's always the ubiquitous Oracal 3651G profile which does a journeyman job on most any media. Failing that, unless you're trying to create a substitute Mona Lisa for a heist or something, whatever profile you're using for whatever vinyl ought to work as well.

This of course give the profilistas the vapors. They seem to think that each and every media should have its very own profile. More often than not they couldn't tell the difference between an image printed with its own personalized profile and some generic profile or another. I've been printing since the most of them were making in their pants with exactly two profiles, one of which I never use, the other one is, you guessed it, Oracal 3651G from Oracal's site and tweaked a bit. On virtually all media that I use with no problems yet.

The tweaks? All rendering intents except for bitmaps set to 'No Color Correction' and bitmaps set to 'Perceptual', set the highest quality dither algorithm and the highest quality gradient algorithm. That's it.