• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orajet 3651 transparent as an overlaminate???

RG

I have a roll of Orajet 3651 transparent vinyl that I rarely use. Wondering if it would be OK to use it as an over laminate for digital, inkjet prints? Or, is that a bad idea?

Esmae

Don't do it, I tried this once when i ran out of lam. within a year it had pulled back in to about 95% of the print size and left a nice brown strip of adhesive all the way around the job.

Flame

Don't do it, I tried this once when i ran out of lam. within a year it had pulled back in to about 95% of the print size and left a nice brown strip of adhesive all the way around the job.

That doesn't even make sense. 3651 matched with 3651 should not shrink at different rates.

To the OP, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Done it before in a pinch. Don't expect ANY UV resistance, and might be slightly cloudier than laminate, but for like cranking out coro signs and such it'd probably work just fine.