• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Orphan lines in X3 Drop Shadow arrggh

R08

Anyone else notice these annoying lines in the drop shadow feature in DrawX3?

The first time it happened I didn't notice until I had already printed the thing.

Does anyone know of a workaround?
I wonder if the new X4 will have that fixed?

Thx
Rob

Roast Beef front.jpg

ChiknNutz

Yup, have seen it too. Not sure other than using another program for shadows (i.e. AlienSkin) or breaking apart.

R08

Thanks of the reply Jiarby.

Still there even when shadow and text broken apart.

What I've been doing is photshopping it out using the clone tool.

(Sidenote: Can I still use the term "photshopping" even though I did it photopaint??)

thesignexpert

The only sure fire solution, that I've found, to fix those annoying little things is...

1. convert the dropshadow to a bitmap
2. save that bitmap as a TIFF or preferably a native Photoshop File (PSD)
3. Open the file in Photoshop
4. Using the healing tool click on the top of a line
5. Hold down the CTRL key and click on the bottom of the line

You should see a perfectly straight brush stroke shoot down the image and presto that line is fixed. You might have to fiddle around with your brush size and edge settings but I've found it works best when I slim down that brush until it barely covers the white line.

6. Repeat for every line as you move down the image
7. Save your image as a Photoshop file (PSD) which preserves the transparency effects for Corel
8. Import the fixed image back into Corel

Good Luck!

Tim Evans

The Sign Expert .com
"Practical Help for Sign Professionals"

Pro Sign and Graphics
"A Pro Sign made Easy"

R08

Ok in photopaint the dust and scratch correction fixes it and it smooths the overall effect as well.

Copy the ungrouped shadow into photopaint and apply the dust and scratch feature.. One click does it.

Answered my own question

Thanks for the inspiration Tim :)

R08

Thx Brian,

At least I know it's not just me.

BTW I can see the lines when I zoom closely almost every time I do a drop shadow.

I will try the solutions from the corel forum

THx
Again