• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our company van wrap design - Go ahead, tear it apart

2B

the website needs to be MUCH bigger and separate from the logo, it is getting lost.

also IMO if you are going to put fleet numbers on a vehicle then it needs to be a higher or odd number

rjssigns

RJ, no offense, but that looks like an autopsied ribcage revealing the lungs.

No offense taken. Your comment made me laugh. Never thought about the autopsy angle. The Juice Drops I have are pretty wild. Here's a pic of the almost completed "digger".

attachment.php

Please excuse the watermark. It is from our web content.

Attachments

• Digger cropped.jpg
    Digger cropped.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 111

mpn

I thought it was an enlarged section of a torso too at first glance. That turned out really good on the dragster. :thumb:

rjssigns

I thought it was an enlarged section of a torso too at first glance. That turned out really good on the dragster. :thumb:

Ha! A torso. Between you and JillBeans my wife is:ROFLMAO: Which got me :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the compliment.

Desert_Signs

Since we're at it, Id like to hear what you have to say about mine. I have a thick skin, so, fire away. :omg:

The entire wrap is matte with the logo only laid on top in gloss.

Attachments

• 1797407_10205435901077536_2354348478680362523_n.jpg
    1797407_10205435901077536_2354348478680362523_n.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 12212_653345368120958_4270530695539852233_n.jpg
    12212_653345368120958_4270530695539852233_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 114

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not really too keen on it, at all. The blues and blacks, just don't do it for me and the flow kinda stumbles around for my taste. I totally don't like important or any information for that matter.... so low as your phone number. Completely takes you eye off the canvas. Now you've lost the audience. Not to mention, will always be dirty unless, you're a clean freak.

Lotsa wrong elements, if you're trying to create an eye catching 3 second wonder.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since we're at it, Id like to hear what you have to say about mine. I have a thick skin, so, fire away. :omg:

You should start your own thread, rather than :thread this one.

After a while, it becomes confusing which poster is responding to which topic piece.

shoresigns

I'll be harsh but honest - you did say "go ahead, tear it apart" :) And I'll try to be helpful too...

The colour scheme is not attractive at all. Try Adobe Color for some inspiration, or use the Color Guide panel in Illustrator to find complementing colours.

Too many textures and effects. Outlined text, blue pattern background, grey/white gradient background, brushed metal background. Simplify it, and if you want to show off something like metallic vinyl, put it on one element so it stands out, instead of the top 1/3 of the whole vehicle.

Also, the font in your logo is about as generic as you can get for a sign shop. That style is way too overdone (the square-ish letters like Eurostile/Microgramma etc.) and looks quite dated.

shibby

Placement on the passenger's side really kills it for me, otherwise I like it (drivers side). Feel like the phone number and website are tilted just for the sake of matching the logo. Otherwise I think it looks sharp.

shoresigns

See what I mean? Why do so many sign companies use the same type of fonts?

And why are there mountains if you're called Desert Signs?

Desert_Signs

See what I mean? Why do so many sign companies use the same type of fonts?

And why are there mountains if you're called Desert Signs?

On the fonts? I don't know, I guess we all like them, LOL.

There are mountains because there are lots of mountains in the desert.