• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Packaging your decal orders

Xcesiv

How do you bundle and package your decal orders?

Does anyone shrink wrap there orders?

I am looking for a more professional way to package my decals.
Currently i wrap and bundle my decal orders and then elastic band them. It looks cheap and people have commented about the bands are leaving marks on the top and bottom few stickers

what do you do?

rjssigns

Going to start putting them in poly bags in the near future. They come on a roll and you make whatever length you need using an impulse sealer.

We have vacuum wrapped a few orders since we weren't sure of the shipping conditions.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
You can use the plastic tubing that can be heat sealed shut as well. We do a lot of that method for small decals.

Xcesiv

i am doing a lot of decals around the 300mm by 50mm mark lately so i thought these would be perfect for this.

I am quoting an order for upto 120 000 decals this week, and if i am getting the order i would like it to be packaged nicely.

I beleive for an order of this size elastic bands is a cheap delivery method and not very professional

jasonx

We shrink wrap and custom box every order. We also label each shrink wrap pile with the quantity.

Tim Aucoin

Poly tubes just like rjssigns mentioned, with the impulse sealer. Most professional and presentable way I have found to ship decals. Poly tubing is dirt cheap too. One time purchase of a sealer and you're off to the races! I carry 6 sizes of poly tubing.

Poly Tubing:
http://www.uline.com/BL_2107/4-Mil-Poly-Tubing
The 4" x 1,500' is a no brainer.

Sealer:
http://www.uline.com/BL_2254/Tabletop-Poly-Bag-Sealer-Impulse-with-Cutter
The sealer is a workhorse. Variable timer for different thickness poly tubing.

:smile:

We have an assortment of poly bags such as 6 x 6, 12 x 12, and 12 x 18 that we can package large runs of decals, printed t-shirts, and promotional items in.

Tizz

I use the plastic cello bags that are a peel & seal for all decals and create custom boxes out of 465um board for larger orders. At times I use the cello bags with hang holes for certain customers.

Tim Aucoin

Poly tube does look very nice.
201 packages... very quick to do these... professional looking too! :thumb:

Attachments

• 286889_497646260278076_1983836142_o.jpg
    286889_497646260278076_1983836142_o.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 200

Xcesiv

thanks for the photo tim.

by the looks of poly bags they are air tight? is this right

Is shrink wrap air tight too?

do you think air tight is an advantage

Border

Just picked up a like new used 13" sealer today for 40 bucks! It came with a box full of bags to boot!

Tim Aucoin

thanks for the photo tim.

by the looks of poly bags they are air tight? is this right

Is shrink wrap air tight too?

do you think air tight is an advantage

Shrink wrapping is generally not air tight, as part of the process of a shrink wrapper is to poke tiny little holes in the film so that when it heats, the air has somewhere to escape. The poly bags on the other hand are air tight!

how many decals per bag?

They are 50 per bag, back slit for crack'n'peel. 10,000 was the order!

Shadowglen

They are 50 per bag, back slit for crack'n'peel. 10,000 was the order!

OK are they perf cut? and the back slit? how is this done? I have an order for 600 square business card size decals that i was thinking about using a vendor for them what equipment is used to back slit.

signage

OK are they perf cut? and the back slit? how is this done? I have an order for 600 square business card size decals that i was thinking about using a vendor for them what equipment is used to back slit.

A gerber plotter set to contour cut for the back, with a line for the back slit.

Last edited:

bigben

Poly tubes just like rjssigns mentioned, with the impulse sealer. Most professional and presentable way I have found to ship decals. Poly tubing is dirt cheap too. One time purchase of a sealer and you're off to the races! I carry 6 sizes of poly tubing.

Poly Tubing:
http://www.uline.com/BL_2107/4-Mil-Poly-Tubing
The 4" x 1,500' is a no brainer.

Sealer:
http://www.uline.com/BL_2254/Tabletop-Poly-Bag-Sealer-Impulse-with-Cutter
The sealer is a workhorse. Variable timer for different thickness poly tubing.

:smile:

This is what I'm using and I'm very happy with the final presentation.