• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint for glass

Craig Keller

What paints are good for painting in engraved letters on a drinking glass? Was looking at cerakote k series bake on. Any suggestions?

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
cerakote works OK, but honestly it's a PITA to work with. Take a look at KG Gunkote, it's a thinner product, is food safe once cured (cerakote technically is not, though it's pretty inert so whatever) and super durable once cured. Costs less too. Also, there's no catalyst like with CK so anything leftover in your airbrush can get dumped back into the can. CK is also very inconsistent and has a relatively short shelf life. I've sprayed gallons upon gallons of both over the years and dropped CK for all but 1 specific customer who specifies it. Everyone else is fine with me using GK once I explain the benefits of it. I could go on if you have more questions, but I'm being lazy right now. I know I have pics of it on glass, just not finding them at the moment, but here's a couple of GK on stainless tumblers just for fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2380.JPG
    IMG_2380.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3635.JPG
    IMG_3635.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 34