• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pasting problem

wes70

I recently re-loaded x4 on a new computer. Now it won't allow me to paste objects. For example, if I copy an image from a website, then open corel and paste... nothing there! I know it's a setting in corel because I can paste objects in Xara with no problems. Any suggestions?

Also, without starting a new thread, everytime I open a new page in corel, the page size is always in millimeters when I want inches. I go into tools and then options to change settings to inches, but it remains in millimeters when I go to open a new page.

signmeup

I can copy an image from pretty much any source and paste it into Corel X4. No help or tips.... just FYI.
Didn't know you were a Xara user Wes.

wes70

Just realized that I didn't download SP2 when I installed x4 on new computer. Paste works great!

But the page measurement problem is still in effect!

Jhill, did you downloaded service pack 2?

joeshaul

For the latter problem with units of measure, in X3, you could change the measurement settings under Options->Rulers->Units, and then go to Tools->Save settings as Default. I imagine the same would be true or not far off for X4.

wes70

Thanks Travis, that worked!

Adrian, I started with Xara 5 and Xara 3D, now I have Photo and Graphic designer. Xara rocks for quick beveling / text effects and the color seems more accurate when it comes to printing.

Also, I need to get a basic website up. I see you used Xara for web design / layout... was it that difficult?