• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PC-600 how to get into Service Mode

Tdurst79

I recently purchased a Roland PC-600 and with help from this site have got it set-up right. Have notice the top of each band is faded.I'm using compadible material have tried a few actually, with new roland ribbons, and have the settings right now. I was informed it had a head put on it awhile back before I got it. I'm hoping it is not set correctly. I have the TEIOUT program but I have no idea how to get the printer into Head Adjustment/ID mode, I have googled it non-stop to no sucess. Any advice would be appreciatted. :thankyou:

Tdurst79

Diagnostics

Here is the diagnostics don't know if you can tell if voltage is off from that our not though.

Attachments

• Roland 001.jpg
    Roland 001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 86

thewvsignguy

We had our head replaced by another company and when we got the printer back ours printed the same way. I looks like the head is not square on the platen, more pressure on the back then the front.

I had to adjust the head myself, it's not that hard. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but it worked for me because everyone wanted me to resend the printer to them. There are some adjustment screws around the head that you can mess with, it can't get any worse. Just start with baby steps and see if it get better as I'm sure it will.

Alpha Star

Those adjustment screws are tricky. You need to remove the two black screws with a small hex key, and dislodge the print head from its bracket. You can turn it around to look at the back side now, but don't yank too hard on the data cable. Those two gold shafts you see are repositionable. They are machined in a weird way so that if you rotate them, it will change the head height. All four possible positions have a different corresponding height. Try them all one at a time (make sure the angled corner is always in the same place on both shafts).

But it sounds more to me like a platen problem. The black strip below the print area should be able to "wiggle" back and forth. Make sure it's not stuck. May need to replace it as they will mose there magnetic quality over time.

Alpha Star

Oh, and to answer your question, you need a computer that's directly connected to your printer via parallel cable. Put the machine in service mode and then drag the tei file onto the untility and it will upload the new voltage and head ID. Actually, being in service mode is not enough... you have to first go into service mode by holding down base point and head cleaning WHILE you press the power button... after a couple flashes of the LEDs, hit the right arrow 9 times (now the #2 and Base Point LEDs are lit). Then hit head cleaning and you're now in the correct upload mode.