• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pc 600 self test, rcc and ribbons

ptmaxx

Hi people, im somewhat starting to get this beast running lol. I tried to do a self test and its starts the selft test by printing words, it prints a few lines of words then the machine flips out making a noise like a disc is slipping sound, almost like its trying to change ribbons but just kepps slipping. Has anyone had this problem. Also im looking to find a copy of RCC for colorcamm and so ribbons if someones got an idea where I can get this.. I contacted roland for a copy of rcc but they have it discontinued.

Sign Works

You can still buy Roland ribbon cartridges directly fron Roland.
Here http://www.rolanddgastore.com/category.aspx?zcid=252

I'd be willing to give you my RCC disc, hell I'll never use it.
You cover shipping cost.

BUT, if your machine will not even successfully do a self test print or is having difficulty picking up carts then you've got bigger problens than cart availability and RCC. Sounds like the machine is out of calibration, these things are beyond overly sensitive, they cannot even be shipped UPS without being thrown way out of calibration, ask me how I know. Also you will not be able to find anyone willing to work on these machines any longer.

ptmaxx

As I go im discovering things about this machine.. and yes I just had this thing shipped up from the US so maybe there is an issue. I noticed last night while playing with this thing is the ribbons are mismatched, there are wax and resin ribbons mixed together and also there is a gold ribbon there with a black resin barcode on it..34 I do believe. When I was doing the test print it come out in gold and that's how I discovered this problem.. I matched the error on the machine with roland faults and thats I do belive it said "ribbon color mismatch". I also spoke to SPLASH OF COLORS that I was refered to from roland and they did mention about alignment. I think I should get the correct ribbons and go from there first? Funny how the guy that sold it to me said it printed fine when there was no black cartridge in it. Yes I will pay you to ship that. Do you have a paypal account?
Thanks
Jamie