• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Peeling vinyl...

Moze

I have a customer that is having issues with interior vinyl wall graphics being picked at by little kids. They pick at the seams and once it gets started, everyone keeps picking at it.

I'm wide open to any ideas to remedy this. One of the possibilities being considered is printing directly to ACM/ACP.

The finished product needs to look good, so sealing just the seams wouldn't really be an option since the sealer would have a sheen to it.

Any thoughts?

ThinkRight

I am not clear on what you are dealing with, pictures maybe?

Maybe laminate the graphics to cover the seams and protect the images.
/ take your image pieces and laminate them to make a single piece with no seams.

Moze

Sorry...vague post made in a hurry.

This is all solid 48" wide digitally printed vinyl covering the walls like wallpaper. They extend anywhere from 8' to 10' (or more) up the wall. The customer is ok with, for example, printing to 4'x8' or 4'x10' pieces of ACM and laying that over the existing vinyl - even if the existing vinyl extends above the 8' panels. This is a visually busy place so no one would notice the transition.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This usually does the trick.

JB

Attachments

• nailclippers.jpg
    nailclippers.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 84

Moze

This usually does the trick.

JB

A fine wire hidden in the seams connected to a fence charger

These would be the most affordable and easiest options to implement lol

Use custom wallpaper.

maybe go over the seams with a matte lam?

they make a printable wall paper. Gregory Inc. sells it and has a lot of texture options.

But there would still be seams and they would still get picked at. The existing vinyl has laminate over it and there are places the kids have peeled chunks out of it. It's ridiculous...

plexiglass 2' taller then the tallest child

Ahh good idea, ive seen this a lot

This is one of the options we're proposing...using P99. That raises new issues though (getting scraped and scratched, etc.). Part of the problem is the adults - they've done their fair share of damage by picking and scraping stuff.

slappy

adults and little kids? really... well that's it. guess your going to have to build a retainer wall before the other wall then to keep it new. You know, they have them at large aquariums with a 3' space between you and the aquarium so you can't tap it to annoy the sharks/fish. Maybe that and some museum ropes and signs every few feet that state "Please don't pick at the walls.. or your nose" Joking

I would be walking the other way from this company because as soon as you find a solution, someone is going to find a way around it and your phone is going to ring.

slappy

13-year-old, who stands 7-4, the world's tallest boy. Now thats going to be a big piece of Plexiglas:omg:

had a girl come in yesterday buying something for her truck... asked if we gave a military discount.

no i replied, i'm at my lowest i can go.

than she asked me for a "tall girls discount" ...

She got $5 off for that one cause she might have had an inch on me and it made me smile. :smile:

your post made me think of it for some reason... i'm 5'11