• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated laminated on glass

msenjur

hello!

just did install of 2,5x2,5m perforated and laminated vinyl... And if i look from a side, there are all kinds of shades. Not air (maybe some), but mostly traces of hand movement...

I also noticed that when doing install on vehicle windows, but there it disapeare after some period of time...

Im woried because this window does not get much sun... I belive that heat is what makes these stains dissapeare... Or is it just time?

I have promissed to custom, that in 14 days it will look much better... now i wont sleep for 14 days, if i get the answer, that sun and heat is the key...

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Yes it's your squeegee strokes that cause this. Key is to not pickup your squeegee but I still think it happens anyway. I laminate all of our windo perf. and it always seems to go away. I think heat helps speed up the process but 14 days should be enough time too. I usually just tell my customer, they will go away I promise. I have had customers return for additional items and they say, "you're right, they went away".

msenjur

ok ok...

i will go check in 14 days to see what will happen...

but im more calm now, that i heard from someone with experience...

:)

Reveal1

We install a lot of perf and about 90% is not film laminated, exceptions usually being vehicle windows due to temporary visibility issues because of rain or dirt. Usually we use spray photo fixative for additional UV protection way beyond reasonable life of perf vinyl. No-film laminate gives better dry visibility, dirt easily hosed off and way easier to install.

bannertime

We do not laminate window perf going on storefronts. Manufactures only give it a year or three on lifespan anyway. Really no point to it.

msenjur

yeah... i was also thinking about not laminate it. But then it is hard to clean... those little holes are perfect for dirt to nicely sit in...

I think it will last longer than three years. if the store itself will last that long! :)

mkmie

Lost Soul
The main reason we laminate perf for storefront windows is it makes the removal SO much easier. I guess it depends on how often the window graphics are changed and if I have to do the removal. I charge twice the price for removal of non lamed perf in anticipation of it coming off in strips verses in full sheets.

Did the streaks go away? Its been a month.

msenjur

hello!

yes they did. now it is nice and flat as glass!

i remove non laminated perforated with scraper... usually it doesnt take much time...

and then once again with scraper and water to remove glue...