• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Personal Logo Critique

AlphaArtCompany

One more round. 2 revisions, 1-Changed detailing in the griffin. 2-Obviously, different font for "Art". yes? no? hell no?

Attachments

• Alpha Logo New revised.jpg
    Alpha Logo New revised.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 123

AlphaArtCompany

I think you need to find another font, that doesn't appear to be drunk.

The darker half at the bottom bothers me, but not as much as the dated kinda sign. This looks kinda 70s or 80s.
It's a good start, but you need some more fine tuning. :rock-n-roll:

9 times out of 10, when this is be seen by the general public, it will be on the side of a race car. That's why it has to have some type of solid background, otherwise it will not stand off of the graphics enough. Any other ideas as far as shape goes, keeping that in mind?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
9 times out of 10, when this is be seen by the general public, it will be on the side of a race car. That's why it has to have some type of solid background, otherwise it will not stand off of the graphics enough. Any other ideas as far as shape goes, keeping that in mind?

Not sure why you came back to this post, but what I meant was..... you have some kinda funky looking background with gradients or something and looks there is a slight attempt at some kinda shadowing. I would make them more solid and drop the effects in back of the letters.

As for the griffin..... it's a neat item, but I don't get the connection to a sign shop ??
Did you draw it or did someone just kinda suggest it to you ??

player

Change the font.

Work in B & W, the shading is like trying to get through life on a haircut. Get it solid in B & W, then do your
computer effects. But change the font.

Try to get it to flow more. I don't mean a script font. I mean that the elements are flowing visually from one to the next to make a cohesive group. Not separate elements pasted beside each other.

Andy D

Not sure why you came back to this post, but what I meant was..... you have some kinda funky looking background with gradients or something and looks there is a slight attempt at some kinda shadowing. I would make them more solid and drop the effects in back of the letters.

As for the griffin..... it's a neat item, but I don't get the connection to a sign shop ??
Did you draw it or did someone just kinda suggest it to you ??

Yeah that dark gray is distracting