• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo gallery question

K Chez

I'm in the process of updating my website and need to re-do my galleries. I'd like to have the image open in a separate window, much like the posted photos do on the boards here. Is this a flash based app? Do I need to use something like photopost or Coppermine?

HeavyHitter

Lightbox is very cool. Doing this in Wordpress is a very simple plug in. You do not have to manually change code on the site. If you are using Wordpress install Shadowbox JS and you are done.

You can see my wordpress page here www.509media.com . The thumbs on the lower right of the page are not working correctly. I have not had the time to get in and make the changes.

speedmedia

It's not a bad start. Might want to look at your background to make sure it doesn't repeat. I see 2 of them.

Thanks,
Kurt

HeavyHitter

Nice looking start to the site. You might want to look at how you are using the background image. It is repeating on both X and Y. I know it has to do with screen resolution but there are plenty of people out there who will see it like this. It is an easy fix so don't sweat it.

See attached picture.

EDIT: I just noticed Speedmedia referred to this already.

Attachments

• Welcome-to-Phenomenon-Designs_1262014556648.jpg
    Welcome-to-Phenomenon-Designs_1262014556648.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 145

JERHEMI

I just created a gallery for my website with Lightbox 2 in Dreamweaver CS4 and I am having an issue with the spacing in between the thumbnails...I am unable to adust the spacing in between them. I tried "V Space" and "H Space" and neither do anything. I have the gallery in a css stylesheet which is controlling the margins for the box the thumbnails are in, but shouldn't have anything to do with the actual spacing in between the thumbnails should it? Any suggestions? Thanks

HeavyHitter

I just created a gallery for my website with Lightbox 2 in Dreamweaver CS4 and I am having an issue with the spacing in between the thumbnails...I am unable to adust the spacing in between them. I tried "V Space" and "H Space" and neither do anything. I have the gallery in a css stylesheet which is controlling the margins for the box the thumbnails are in, but shouldn't have anything to do with the actual spacing in between the thumbnails should it? Any suggestions? Thanks

post a link to your website and I will take a look at it for you. PM the link if you prefer.

Dan

p3

You can also use picasa, which allows you to download different viewers and creates the html file for you and you can just use an i frame or whatever. Thats what I have on my site. Fairly easy to use and for updating pictures.

S

scarface

I have lightbox in my new website. Gotta love it, free and simple :)