• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PhotoPRINT 10 - File ripping at media size, not product size

griffonwing

Good day all

I work at a printing company and we purchased a Docan M6 UV 8'x4' flatbed printer. We have 2 rip software programs, one of which is PhotoPRINT 10 Docan Edition, the other being Onyx Thrive.

Regarding the PhotoPRINT, the main issue that I am having is that before the reinstall, when you loaded up a file to rip, such as a 24"x18" sign, it would rip the file and the PRT would be 24x18". Now, the PRT file is the same length as the media, an 8ft x "18" blank image with a print in the corner. The carriage moves all the way down the 8ft table, but it only prints the 24"x18" section.

The only way I found to change this is every time I rip a file, I have to manually change the media size to equal the file size. This is do-able, no problem, but just annoying, and is something that was never done before. Not sure what setting to change, or where.