• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinstriping with gold leaf striping

I am working on a fire truck redo and the customer is requesting Sign Gold (I will be using Real Gold brand). I have always done the standard gold leaf striping with black borders that is sold in rolls, and then I go back and add a vinyl pinstripe below. When I went to measure this truck, I noticed the existing striping was fake gold leaf (discolored to the point it was silver) with a clear laminate over top, but the clear extended down below the gold stripe and also contained the white pin stripe. It seemed like an interesting way to do it and the more I think about it the more it sounds like a good solution. Does anyone use a method similar to this? I am wondering if I could print the white pinstripe and the black borders for the gold on clear using my Edge, lay the gold over top, then laminate. Then everything goes on at once and is nice and sealed and protected. Thoughts?

letterman7

Sounds like too many layers for a pinstripe. I use the RealGold with the black or red border, and occasionally just the gold alone depending on the job. With your situation, I'd probably just run the regular black/gold with a separate white pinstripe. Why clear over that? Now, if everything were painted and hand gilded, that's a different story...

jfiscus

Rap Master
Without a photo it may be hard to answer your question 100%, but to me it seems like I would just print both the white and black on the gold and then cut/weed and then laminate and cut/weed again if they are encapsulated in the same laminate.