• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plot/cut

koby

I have Corel Draw 8 (I think its 8).

plotter: View Express QE60 (made by Graphtec - sold by sign warehouse)

I hooked everything up last night but can not plot from Corel. When I send the plot to the plotter I can see the little green light flash, then plotter winds up as if it was going to plot, but then just shuts off.

Now if I save my file as a CMX file and open it in Flexi (which I still have no idea how to use yet) and I send it to the plotter from there everything works fine.

HOW CAN I PLOT DIRECTLY FROM COREL AND NOT HAVE TO OPEN IT IN FLEXI EVERYTIME I NEED TO PLOT A PROJECT.

koby

found this on sign warehouses web site:

<center>Cutting with the Q / Qe Series through Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator

<sub>NOTE: Please do not contact SignWarehouse Technical Support if you are having issues cutting from Corel or Adobe. We only support cutting with the Q-Series cutters from FlexiSIGN or VE LXi</sub></center>
<sub>Assumes you have already installed the cutter on a USB Port</sub>

First, you will need to set the cutter to GP-GL Command mode:
<blockquote:>On the Q-Series: (page 169 of 176 in the Q-Series Manual)
</blockquote:>
  • Without any media in the cutter, turn the cutter on.
  • From the Load Media Screen, press F4 for Initial Menu.
  • Press F4 for Command
  • Press F3 for GP-GL
  • Press Enter to save your setting.
  • Power the cutter off and back on.
  • Load media
On the Qe-Series: (page 30 of 116 in the Qe-Series Manual)
  • From the cutter Ready screen:
  • Press Pause
  • Press Next until you see Command
  • Press Enter
  • Press the Up Arrow until you see GP-GL
  • Press Enter
  • Press Enter for the Step Size
The cutter is now set to cut.
The cut / design procedure:
  • After you have created your design, remove any fills and set it to hairline strokes.
  • What you see on the screen is what will cut.
  • If the lines overlap or cross over on your design, they will cut that way.
In order to cut, all you have to do is go to File, Print, select the cutter as the printer and tell it to print.

But I dont like this part:

<center><sub>NOTE: Please do not contact SignWarehouse Technical Support if you are having issues cutting from Corel or Adobe. We only support cutting with the Q-Series cutters from FlexiSIGN or VE LXi</sub></center>

Does this mean I'll cause harm to the plotter or they just done want me to cut from corel