• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter Art Clip Art Sale - Discussion, Q & A Thread

particleman

Fred, I'm not sure how familiar you are with selling on Amazon, but I've had some experience selling sign products on there. Amazon has become a haven for counterfeit goods and it is very easy for sellers such as in China to hijack your listings and sell your products illegally. You should monitor your "buy box" and make sure no one else is claiming to sell your products under your SKUs. Especially for physical copies of digital goods it is common for Chinese sellers to buy (or obtain) your product and turn around and bid a lower listing price on your listings. Amazon will by default show the customer the sellers with the lowest price, this gives the appearance the product is legitimately from you. One would think this shouldn't be easy to do, but actually it is very easy.

Amazon can be profitable, but the fake goods and buy box are a HUGE problem right now for sellers.

GB2

Old Member
Fred, when you go to Amazon why are there two different listings for the same item at two different prices? Is this Amazon thing just a new sales outlet for you or is there more to this story? Are you continuing to produce new collections?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, when you go to Amazon why are there two different listings for the same item at two different prices? Is this Amazon thing just a new sales outlet for you or is there more to this story? Are you continuing to produce new collections?

They are the same collection each with a different license. The standard license is lower priced and fits most uses. The extended license grants legal permission to use the images at any number of locations you own, use the images on manufactured products and to show the images or products in a catalog. So, for example, if you want to sell on a site like Zazzle.com etc. where our image is offered on a coffee mug or T-shirt and you earn a royalty when someone buys it, you are free to do so with no obligation to us.

Amazon is one outlet we are testing and the results will determine whether or not we do any more collections. The collection prices are artificially low (80% discount on average) in order to get some reviews posted by buyers. We have our images available at a number of stock sites as well as our own allcompu.com website where they do OK but not enough to call it a living. We're also currently testing out different designs at Zazzle.com.

For example, if you'd like to put your iPhone in a case decorated with soccer balls, here's link to one we created:

Soccer Balls iPhone Case on Zazzle

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The sale continues.

To those of you who purchased, please after using the art return to Amazon and post a review. It will help us a lot.