• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polo Sublimation Printing?

amw

Longtime Members
You are saposed to be a mechant member to advertise your services.
We also do sublimation printing, as do many others on here. Not fair to those who are paying to advertise thier services.

Last edited:

CES020

Im looking to get the guys in the shop some nice cool sublimation polo shirts.

Are polyester polo shirts really the best way to keep someone in the shop cool?

Maybe I'm wrong, but 100% polyester doesn't scream cool and comfortable in the summer to me.

WildWestDesigns

Maybe I'm wrong, but 100% polyester doesn't scream cool and comfortable in the summer to me.

I use my shop shirts that I have sublimated when I go out to do barn work and they are infinitely cooler to me then even the blends. Mainly due to the water retention that pure cotton has and to a lesser degree blends have compared to the 100% poly shirts. Some just don't like the feel of 100% poly, but I would say, working out in heat that this year has gotten well into the 100°F for a couple of weeks straight, they are cool. But those are T-shirts, not the polo shirts.

However, there are other reasons to go with sublimation regardless if they will keep you cool or not in a hot shop.

Brad Knight

All of the professional golf shirts, almost all Under Armour type sportswear are 100% poly - I was actually looking for a 100% poly button down - the only place I found one was in the sportswear dept (fishing) at Academy.

We do dye-sub and all of our (personal) sportswear is stuff that we used to play around with. It's great to wear because it doesn't have any hand at all unlike heat transfer or even silk screen.

It's not the old leisure suits - today's artificial fabrics are extremely lightweight and breathable.

WildWestDesigns

All of the professional golf shirts, almost all Under Armour type sportswear are 100% poly - I was actually looking for a 100% poly button down - the only place I found one was in the sportswear dept (fishing) at Academy.

That's actually the trend for embroidery as well. It also has a much higher markup on it with regard to the golf shirts and embroidery.

Because they are also thinner as well, when I do digitizing for designs that are going on multiple fabrics, but they only want one design, I have to design to the poly one as that one is less forgiving then the others in most cases. Depends on the design as well.

Edit to Add: You have to be careful sometimes on how you wash these garments as well. Moisture wickering can be lost depending on what you use to clean the clothes. That's true no matter what technique you use to decorate it.