• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polycarbonate/Acrylic Pricing

shout

I wanted to use the signcraft pricing quide for this but of course it is not an option (or I could not find it). So I had someone come to me for new signs for a new business. New 3/16" polycarbonate, new vinyl, design, and install. So I quoted 2 - 132" x 30" single sided with cut vinyl and 2 - 72" x 60" single sided with cut vinyl (everything was 2 color). I charged a TOTAL of $2300 plus tax and the one sign is installed on a roof (ladder only needed) and the other is on a street sign (again done with a ladder). Basically I was charging $20 a square foot for everything since I recently noticed that was what the market would allow. So of course this guy right away goes off on me asking for my best price etc etc. I told him that is my best price and if he finds a local competitor lower than me let me know and I will see what I can do (although I was confident I was already low). now you must know that there are 4 sign shops including myself in a 5 mile radius! and this area doesnt even need close to this many sign shops. Of course I was the first company here, then came 2 franchises and another business decided they wanted to be an overnight sign company. So would you believe out of all the sign shops in this area this friggin guy went outside the area to get his signs done! Im just perplexed, confused, etc. I would have been happy if at least someone locally got the damn job but he went at least 20 miles away to get the job done. Is my price ridiculous? I just don't get it. Obviously this was a client i did not want anyway but I just don't get where the heck I need to be with my pricing to get the jobs. Any input on what you typically charge for a job like this would be greatly appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, to start, we would've been higher than your price and if we get it, great, if not, it's onto the next job. However, 20 miles is nothing to get a better price. We'll travel a lot further. In fact, we have jobs that take us into other states and we still beat the competition with that much travel involved..... and believe me, we're not cheap. We just finished a job 2 weeks ago that was 45 miles away. It was close to $65,000. Have another one coming up for more than that, but we only hafta go about 15 miles.

fresh

your price was low (we would have been higher). there will always be someone else willing to do it for less with inferior materials. don't stress :)

i just sold a 14ftx18" polycarb face with cut vinyl, no install, no site visit, for almost $500.

Z SIGNS

Some customers don't buy because of price.
Maybe they had a better design and that's why they went with them.

shout

Thank you all for your posts. I never even did the design yet. So it was strictly price or maybe the guy didnt like me because I wouldnt budge on my price. Thank you again, I truly appreciate it. On to the next one lol