• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poor quality over Silver Mirror Vinil

Hielorojo

Hello there, I have problems to print black over Silver Mirror Vinil(Image Perfect Brand), I have try with two differents Foils, Black and Procces Pro Black, but the quality is very bad both, look:

attachment.php
attachment.php

I have load the vinil on my Roland PC600 and I have print the same Decal and Perfect, very good, no problems there. I am newly with Gerber system and I can not get good print with thsi machine....
Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.

Attachments

• IMG_7833.jpg
    IMG_7833.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_7834.jpg
    IMG_7834.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 190

Hielorojo

Thank you Fred for your answer, Spandex sold me the Vinyl and told that it was ok for Gerber!! : !ImagePerfect[SUP]TM[/SUP] IP 6500 Series films incorporate a metalized PVC film with a waterproof, permanent, solvent based adhesive that allows for both indoor and outdoor applications. The metallised vinyls are made of a specially-formulated PVC that means that they cut better and weed easier and faster. The exclusive liner is a sealed, kraft paper which affords constant layflat and trouble-free conversion on all CAD/CAM equipment.
The products are ideal for thermal printing with Gerber Edge 1, 2 and FX. For best results and to retain the original look of the product, we would recommend using the GerberColor Transparent (GCT) Series foils. A matt effect can be obtained by using Abrasion Guard Matt GCF-334 or the SPF foil.
The films are available at 122cm wide for plotting applications and at 38cm wide (sprocketed) for thermal-transfer printing.
Please note that the adhesive side of the product in the case of both IP 6505 Mirror Gold and IP 6!

Jase

Have you adjusted the heat settings at all? We've run metamark chrome through with no issues, just upped the heat slightly

Hielorojo

Hello all, I use Metamark on my ROLAND PC600, great vinyl but I can not get it for my Gerber(not punch/not holes), Oracal is very thin and is not good for me...
Jase, could you help me about of the heat settings??
Thank you in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you using Gerber's Omega software? If so, what vinyl are you assigning to the job? I would recommend using the Gerber 210 Deluxe palette or the Gerber Label Stock 2 Mil palette. Either of these will automatically choose appropriate heat and pressure settings for good impressions on the material you're using. If you're using a foil other than Gerber brand, I would try a test print with a Gerber branded foil to see if that helps. If you are using a Gerber Edge 2 or a Gerber FX and running at a speed greater than the slowest speed, try the slow speed.

Hielorojo

Hello Fred, yes I use Omega 3.0 and Gerber Edge Foils(old Foils...) I going to check the vinyl Pallete! I think that the Vinyl is good because is "Certified" to use with Gerber Edge. When I try to print with "Black" Foils, the foils break...
Regards.

CanuckSigns

Also, try cleaning the vinyl with isopropyl alcohol 99% before you print it, I've found that sometimes this will fix issues like this.

Alternatively, you can try printing on clear vinyl, and laminating that to the chrome, then contour cutting, it's extra time and material but depending on your situation it may be worth while.

Hielorojo

Hello Mates, I have not luck, I change the Vinil Palette, I clean with Iso 99%, change the settings print to "dark" and the print is awful....any advise???

Marlene

where did you change the pallette, in composer or on the plot page? I don't know what you are using to print but on my plot page, it has an option to subsitute eitehr a foil or a vinyl, under that I would click on delux 210. if you don't have that, use whatever you do have for printing on reflective as that uses a higher heat setting.

Hielorojo

where did you change the pallette, in composer or on the plot page? I don't know what you are using to print but on my plot page, it has an option to subsitute eitehr a foil or a vinyl, under that I would click on delux 210. if you don't have that, use whatever you do have for printing on reflective as that uses a higher heat setting.
Hello, I change it on the plot page...

Bcrawf

protective clear liner

I've never used the Image Perfect brand but some of the chrome vinyls have a clear protective liner that needs to be removed prior to printing.
Is this possible?

Hielorojo

Hello, with a " old junk" Roland PC600 work great.....I think that the problem is not the vinyl, perhaps the foils , tomorrow I will print with other colour....
Regards.