• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Postermax in a retractable banner?

Signed Out

Has anybody used postermax (8.5 mil latex saturated paper) in a retractable banner stand before? With good results? I have a roll of pop-up coming in tomorrow but am wondering if postermax will work just as well as I have a full roll of that sitting on the rack.

Signed Out

Recommended materials for these retractable banner stands (orient 800) range from Pop-up to gf photo paper. While postermax is not listed as a recommended material, it seems similar to what is recommended, so I figured I'd ask to see if anybody has tried using it before.

shoresigns

It's paper, so I doubt it will last as long as your polyester film, and it's not very white so the prints won't look as good. I wouldn't risk the quality over $8 of material savings.

A good way to blow out your Postermax is to just sell it to customers who want a cheap, quick print - cheaper than a vinyl banner. You can sell it for $3-5/sqft and still turn a profit easily since there's almost zero labour.

Signed Out

Going to hold off on the postermax and use the Pop-up. Was hoping someone had tried this with good results... just gonna have to sell more retractable banners! Postermax doesn't stay on the rack for too long, we do a fair amount of posters with it.