• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check

reQ

Back before you were born

Oh, also please tell us again how it was done before with brush & all us people with printers now do not have required skill to make any signs. Did not hear that one this week yet.

P.S. I have 2 60+ year old sign painters as good friends of mine and they do wonders with brush & they do have that much experience to tell me my mistakes, but never they were acting like you right now.

reQ

you do not violate a character's type body [that would be the minimum rectangle that contains the character]

That's what you said last night. But after you realized you were wrong, you starting pulling "Lesson #2" on me? :D Just upload the whole list please, so i can learn?

bpatrick3

Okay, adjusted everything, so its all nice & even between all letters. I hope kerning king will spare me this time.
Thank you for feedback :)
attachment.php
Convert to outline and kern it by hand. So fonts just do not kern well with certain letter combinations.

visual800

if this were my job I would make the frame out of 2x2 square tube.

background would be .063 alumimu. with dibond letters on top, border vinyl

cost for tear down and install of new about $3800.00

shoresigns

Don't listen to Bob - he doesn't know what he's talking about. Kerning is about making the spacing between the letters look visually balanced and even. You would only follow the "type body" rule if you were trying to design something intentionally made to look like it was printed with metal type. It's not a rule that applies with modern design tools.