• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pricing for a menu board

reQ

Before all trolling starts on your topic again - what materials did you use(vinyls & substrate)? Any design time involved?

0igo

Before all trolling starts on your topic again - what materials did you use(vinyls & substrate)? Any design time involved?

Lol, I used orajet 3651 vinyl and that price included the design. The design is going to take me a couple hours but it's because I'm new. It doesn't seem that hard though because he has provided me with pictures he wants

reQ

Lol, I used orajet 3651 vinyl and that price included the design. The design is going to take me a couple hours but it's because I'm new. It doesn't seem that hard though because he has provided me with pictures he wants
what substrate? Coro? Dibond? Acrylic? any other ones?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer

I'm guessing the customer already has the panel ready to go, or are you supplying that?

0igo

Alright, now i see its just price for vinyl + design, then you did really good. Did you at least laminate for that price?

No I haven't yet lol. Do you think it would make a difference if I don't though? It's going to be hung up inside and not really exposed to direct sunlight.

oksigns

if there is ever a chance they will want to wipe it down with anything stronger than a feather duster, I'd laminate it. If there is a fryer or smoke anywhere near by, I'd laminate it.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Menu's can be a drag to layout, even for someone with experience...

A simple layout (meaning few items) with the going back and forth with the client.
1-1.5: hours: 100-150 bucks

A complicated menu:
1.5-3: 150-300 bucks

Printing/Laminating: Laminate because they may clean it with HD chemicals
144 bucks

Applying:
I would charge a minimum trip charge if under 10 miles:
100 bucks

Min 344 bucks, Max is 544...

I think I would be in the 500 range and still have a little regret. (unless everything was typed out already )

0igo

Menu's can be a drag to layout, even for someone with experience...

A simple layout (meaning few items) with the going back and forth with the client.
1-1.5: hours: 100-150 bucks

A complicated menu:
1.5-3: 150-300 bucks

Printing/Laminating: Laminate because they may clean it with HD chemicals
144 bucks

Applying:
I would charge a minimum trip charge if under 10 miles:
100 bucks

Min 344 bucks, Max is 544...

I think I would be in the 500 range and still have a little regret. (unless everything was typed out already )

i like this formula, thanks man

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Oigo.........

If they came to you with printable files, your price would be fine, but you do need to laminate the sign. Any kinda eatery always has grease in the air, collecting on everything, unless it's an ice cream parlor. You need to charge another $85. for that.

If you hafta do the design work, I don't know how these other guys charge, but that costs more than printing on vinyl and laying it down on someone's plastic. Per hourly charge should be at least $100 an hour or better. Regardless if you stink at it or not..... it's gonna be you doing all the work. If it takes you too long, just reduce the billable hours, but set your goal correctly from the beginning.

Also, please try putting this kinda stuff in the appropriate categories, so all the lurkers can't see pricing. :popcorn: