• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Table Top Vinyl Wrap

ATWLINK

Hi All,

Currently wrapping some table tops at a local pizza joint for a friend and its drawing in other restaurants in the area.

What kind of per square foot pricing should I be using for full digital print table tops?

Thinking around $10/sqft

Thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
Too many variables...

What kind of material?
Are you using a heavy-duty lam ( I think for table tops I would be)?
Does that price include installation? What if they are 30 miles away?
Are you designing the wrap too?
Is there a minimum number of tables for each job?
Can you install during normal business hours (yours) or do you have to do it when they are closed. Or make multiple trips?

I would hate to try to offer a sf pricing model for something like that. Think about it... each restaurant offers its' own challenges. For each one I would quote as 1) materials x markup, 2) total time involved... including multiple trips or travel time and 3) possible upcharge for having to install outside business hours.

T_K

I agree on there being too many variables. If I was setting up sq.ft. pricing, I'd probably look at range pricing - e.g. "From $10 / sq.ft." - that way, you don't find yourself in a pickle.

I love having standardized pricing - this makes it easy for me and the customer. But this is more of a specialty project.

A few things to keep in mind:
- As I understand it, vinyl manufacturers don't warranty materials on horizontal installation. I could be wrong here, but double check.
- Tables provide a wide array of substrates and have different textures, which affect adhesion and install. I've found some textured tops are easy to install (natural air egress), but you use a lot more heat to get good adhesion. Certain finishes require a wet install. Etc., etc., etc.
- If you want the fast, easy install, you'll have to go in their off hours. They're not going to want you installing during business hours most likely. (price accordingly)
- Get a signed waiver concerning removal. Depending on the table surface, it can be jacked up when removing the vinyl. I did some tests for a customer on wood surfaces with a clear vinyl, and it was almost impossible to remove without taking off bits of the finish. You don't want to be on the hook for replacing their tables down the line.
- To my knowledge, this is a wide-open niche in the industry. I haven't heard about a lot of competition out there. Especially if this is new in the area, you'll set the prices, but the next sign guy will come along and undercut you. So don't go too cheap, or you'll lose in the long run.