• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing

Hey guys we're in the market to get a flatbed b/c we have a client that's wanting to start making orders for up to 5,000 pieces a month. So my question to all of you guys that have flatbeds, what kind of pricing is going on w/ this stuff. Our customer is talking 24" x 56" 1/8 lexan as their substrate. So I didn't know if any of you could help steer me in the right direction to look about pricing or if you guys had input on something like that or even just kinda what you guys get for cloro off of your flatbeds.

PVS

Pricing all depends on your area and clients.

there are members here who sell 18"X24" coro yard signs for $4 each ($1.33 ft). depending on the job we range anywhere from $1.5-$4 sq ft.

-----

as for printing on lexan, is it white or clear? If it is clear you will need a flatbed than can print white inks also. if you have to under-print the white your print times will greatly decrease.

based on the quantity of boards you're talking about, you're going to need a seriously quick flatbed to print that volume each month (or run 3 shifts).

assuming you size and qty is correct you're looking at roughly 50,000 sq ft per month. most midrange flatbeds (think $250,000) are going to give you good output at a 240-400 sq ft per hour. That's over 200 hours easy, plus loading times, maintenance, etc.

Now, if you want to spend some serious coin (think $750,000+) then there are machines that will do what you want:

http://www.incadigital.com/products/Flatbed/Columbia_Turbowhite.php

hope this helps clarify the situation a bit. if you have any questions I'd be happy to share whatever knowledge I have.