• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Carriage Stops Moving Part Way Down The Track

graphicsphere

I have a Roland SC-500 that gives a motor error because the print carriage stops moving part way down the track when printing but when I use the SC-500 as a vinyl cutter it works fine. If I turn off the power and manually push the print carriage with the cutting carriage together down the track it moves fine without any problems.

I replaced encoder strip and the SC-500 will not perform a Linear Encoder Check in the service menu because of this motor error I keep getting when the print carriage stops moving part way down the track.

Another problem is if I do a test pattern in the beginning part of the page it works fine but when I do a base point in the middle of the page and then do a test print then I get the motor error and the print carriage stops half way down the track.

I have tightened tension cable under left side cover and still same problem. I think it's the carriage motor but would like some suggestions on what else I should try.

niksagkram

Have you tried reinitializing the limit position and the cut down limit? Can't remember the procedure for this machine, but YouTube might have something.

Good luck,

Mark

graphicsphere

The problem I think is because something between the carriage motor and carriage has become worn and the tool carriage and print carriage won't glide across the track properly. I loosened the carriage tension wires but the carriage still won't glide across the track properly.

graphicsphere

I fixed it by loosening the tension on the carriage motor and that loosened the carriage. I tried the carriage tension wire adjustment but that did not work it was because of the carriage motor was too tight against the spool.