• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print cut Vinyl on HP1500

azprintguy

I have some pantone colors to match then cut and weed. Some letters are small and I do not want to struggle to weed and also apply. What are some preferred vinyl to print on that will stick to a painted wall and will weed easy?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Are you printing white? I know the 1500 doesn't do white, so if you are printing... How will you handle the other colors?

Unless I read your request wrong and you are just looking for good wall digital vinyls to print and cut. Then I would say Avery 1106 or GF 201HTAP if calendered, would work?

azprintguy

Are you printing white? I know the 1500 doesn't do white, so if you are printing... How will you handle the other colors?

Unless I read your request wrong and you are just looking for good wall digital vinyls to print and cut. Then I would say Avery 1106 or GF 201HTAP if calendered, would work?
The second one. I've had problems weeding vinyl after printing it when the letters are small. I was also thinking the GF 201. It only needs to be up for a week then come down so I don't want to ruin the paint of this hotel.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
The second one. I've had problems weeding vinyl after printing it when the letters are small. I was also thinking the GF 201. It only needs to be up for a week then come down so I don't want to ruin the paint of this hotel.
I wouldn't use GF 201 in that case then, won't want to come off after a week if it bonds properly. I'd probably just go with something like 3M 40c or similar depending on how small the text is.

azprintguy

Exactly... Short term and high tack is a no no. In the case of short term, go with any high-performance calendered vinyl. 230, 2105, 40c, etc.
My concern is that those vinyl will not stick to the walls very well or it will take a long time to apply them when trying to peel off the transfer tape. small letters can sometime be annoying like that. These walls are in a resort so they use paint that is easy to clean and that usually means that the vinyl will not stick well. I was planning on using IJ40C, but sometime weeding it can be time consuming because the letters peel off the backer so easy. I've never tried the 230 or the 2105 though.