• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print head duration latex 260

juf1an

Hello everyone,
I have a hp latex 260 and I want to know how many milliliters it is the duration of the print head.
My printer damage 4 print head and he says it is because of edge holders, (the print head car, crash to edge holders) the media (polyester) push up the edge holders (thats my printer says)

whats your opinion?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Too many variables. I've had some heads last way too long, some not long enough. If you have a head strike, because of edge guards (I've had it happen) it most often only trashed head no 1, a C/Lc head. So Keep extras of those on hand. I've had to replace one with maybe 1 hour of printing on it, got trashed in a head strike. Presently my usage is this:

1 - Cyan-Light cyanfalse false 2440 ml 245%
2 - Cyan-Light cyanfalse false 3740 ml 375%
3 - Yellow-Blackfalse false 2930 ml 295%
4 - Yellow-Blackfalse false 3120 ml 315%
5 - Magenta-Light magentafalse false 1170 ml 120%
6 - Magenta-Light magentafalse false 1140 ml 115%

I have had a few that went in to the 4500+ area.... so you never know.

danno

We have a L26500 and usually get about 1500 - 2000ml. If nozzles don't drop by then, the colour shift is noticeable.

Morkel

Our 260 is dedicated to jobs that aren't vital with the colour. I recently changed a light magenta because the grey point was getting just a touch green. Over 19,000mL. They last for ages so long as you don't get head strikes, but colour shift is the decisive factor for when to change them, not physical damage.

juf1an

yeap, mine have 5000ml until the damage. But, it is the operator´s fault? He crash the printhead car to the edge holders because it were released and he said its because the media.