• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print problem Roland BN-20

sekorse

Ok thanks but if the fuse is blown then I just have to change it? Will the head work again or do I still have to replace it?

damonCA21

That one is the cut carriage board. The print carriage board will be the one the cables go into from the print head. It may be called something different on the BN20 ( I'm not as familiar with them as the larger Rolands ) but it basically sends the signals from the printer to the heads. If this starts to fail then it can send the wrong signals of when to turn the nozzle on and off

sekorse

That one is the cut carriage board. The print carriage board will be the one the cables go into from the print head. It may be called something different on the BN20 ( I'm not as familiar with them as the larger Rolands ) but it basically sends the signals from the printer to the heads. If this starts to fail then it can send the wrong signals of when to turn the nozzle on and off
The 4 print head cables are connected directly to the motherboard on my bn20

sekorse

The motherboard contains 2 fuses (unlike the head, which doesn't). Don't you think they would have blown if this board was the problem?

adamfromayr

Damon is talking about the Carriage/Cutter board or and the Cartridge board That can cause issues with the head!

And i agree i had a dodgy cable to the "Cartidge board" and it would start up okay but not read the linear code strip

Im guessing the head are all your cables? 100% clean and no ink anywhere ?

I opened up a head today and it was flooded!

But my issue is different from yours

Have you tried to CHANGE the Capping station yet?

and soak it with cleaning fluid? Then make sure the head is sitting about the capping station overnight

sekorse

Damon is talking about the Carriage/Cutter board or and the Cartridge board That can cause issues with the head!

And i agree i had a dodgy cable to the "Cartidge board" and it would start up okay but not read the linear code strip

Im guessing the head are all your cables? 100% clean and no ink anywhere ?

I opened up a head today and it was flooded!

But my issue is different from yours

Have you tried to CHANGE the Capping station yet?

and soak it with cleaning fluid? Then make sure the head is sitting about the capping station overnight
Yes the capping station is new and soak is ok

sekorse

Hello, I changed the print head today for a new one and new cables (sold new but with some ink residue... the seller tells me it's because they are tested by espon before being sent to the seller...), I no longer have the flow problem however I still have a magenta line missing when testing the nozzles... would you have any idea why? The configuration of my bn20 is CMYK+Mt but instead of metal I have a cleaning cartridge. The versaworks print test had no problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005_212411_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_212411_Gallery.jpg
    827.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20231005_212434_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_212434_Gallery.jpg
    969.8 KB · Views: 68

damonCA21

Epson test the heads by printing with a water based ink. They then put a magenta coloured solution in to them that protects the heads while being stored, so that is probably what you are seeing.
Are you getting magenta ink to the head where the print is missing?

sekorse

Yes, that must be it, a bit of magenta residue, the seller advised me to inject cleaning fluid into all the nozzles before plugging it in, which I did, and yes, the magenta ink comes out because there's only one magenta channel.
The 8 channels on the head are :
2x yellow
2x cyan
2x black
1x magenta
1x cleaning solution (or metallic ink)

sekorse

And now I have lines in my print test

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005_220036_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_220036_Gallery.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 75

damonCA21

Do a test print in service mode, you need to see if the small nozzles are firing properly as well ( the normal test print only uses the large nozzles )

damonCA21

IIRC with the BN20 it will print once from each head, so if you only have one magenta cartridge connected it will only print one column on the test

damonCA21

That looks as though you may have something on the surface of the head. Check this and see if it has picked up something on there