• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Quality Question

Sollie1986

I have a Mimaki CJV300-160 and I cannot figure out why the color grey looks like TV static. I have no idea how to fix this.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 280

gabagoo

How do you choose the grey? I find if the file came from somewhere else than there is a good chance the printer does not seem to print the colour correctly. It's good to have colour charts printed off your printer so you can choose colours that your printer can print cleanly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It appears that your black is also printing like that ?? Can you print grey properly, if you create your own file.

Why is there an X on his pooper ??

Sollie1986

It appears that your black is also printing like that ?? Can you print grey properly, if you create your own file.

Why is there an X on his pooper ??
It’s an inside joke where I work lol. The cougar head is a mascot we use on our aircraft. Someone drew a little a little cat body and everyone got in trouble. So now it’s the new thing.

Sollie1986

I printed both CMYK and RGB exported from CorelDRAW and I’m getting the same result.

Is this normal for 720x1080 300DPI?

I’m new and at a loss.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you tried playing around with the profile or using a different one? Maybe speed and heat could be adjusted.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be a couple things. If your color setup is CMYK x 2 and you don't have the light cyan, light magenta, or light black, grays will always look a little more grainy than if you did. Make sure you run the drop position alignments and get them as perfect as you can. Do the same with the print feed compensation alignment. Try different profiles and see if they do any better. Turn the heat up as high as it will go without buckling the media. Turn the motor speed down to normal if it's on high. Make sure your room environment meets the specs of your printer as well.

signheremd

Never ran a Mimaki but, if it helps, we get this on our flatbed if one color has an air bubble or if negative pressure needs adjustment. On our Roland Soljet XR640, if we get this then we run again at High Quality with Unidirectional on.

Sollie1986

I did a drop position score and notice there are some adjustments that need to be made. However, on pattern 3,5,7 and 8 there is an offset at the top of the alignment marks. Is this an issue?
25fccb923887b54ad5009f44d360b7ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed. C.

looks to me like yow may be having some printhead issues. potentialy missing quite a few jets and also printhead may need to be cleaned and aligned. check your jet patterns for printhead quality.