• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print to Trade - Budget Wrap Material

acothran

I know many of our merchant members offer "print to trade" 3M IJ180 and other cast vinyl but I'm specifically looking for a someone who offers the following (or other budget wrap material):

General Formulations AutoMark 230/231
Advantage Optima Simple Curve
Advantage Optima Simple Curve Plus

Just looking for options from suppliers/merchant members.

Letterbox Mike

I don't stock those budget films normally (we do stock 180C and 3751 though), but I'd be glad to order it in for you if you use it a lot. We should be a one-day ship to you as well.

PM me if interested and I'll get you some pricing.

signpro

Manager
we use IJ180C for wrapping when we do it.
but we do a few race cars every year, and ended up using 3M IJ35c (calendared with air release) and 3M's new IJ10-114 clear vinyl/lam as the laminate. worked out pretty good actually. we didn't wrap around door edges or into the wheel wells, rather trimmed it off at the edges, but it's holding up very nicely so far!

we tried wrapping wheel wells once with that combo, and it lifted only in those areas.

so, we couldn't get the completely "finished" look of a wrap, but for budget material and budget price, it worked well. the vinyl was workable on the curves etc, just nothing too major. we wrapped the sides/hood/truck of a Chevy Cavalier with it. so no major curves, but not totally flat either.

CS-SignSupply-TT

General Formulations AutoMark 230/231 from CS Sign Supply

I know many of our merchant members offer "print to trade" 3M IJ180 and other cast vinyl but I'm specifically looking for a someone who offers the following (or other budget wrap material):

General Formulations AutoMark 230/231
Advantage Optima Simple Curve
Advantage Optima Simple Curve Plus

Just looking for options from suppliers/merchant members.

CS Sign Supply would be happy to help you with your General Formulations needs

acothran

we use IJ180C for wrapping when we do it.
but we do a few race cars every year, and ended up using 3M IJ35c (calendared with air release) and 3M's new IJ10-114 clear vinyl/lam as the laminate. worked out pretty good actually. we didn't wrap around door edges or into the wheel wells, rather trimmed it off at the edges, but it's holding up very nicely so far!

we tried wrapping wheel wells once with that combo, and it lifted only in those areas.

so, we couldn't get the completely "finished" look of a wrap, but for budget material and budget price, it worked well. the vinyl was workable on the curves etc, just nothing too major. we wrapped the sides/hood/truck of a Chevy Cavalier with it. so no major curves, but not totally flat either.

The products I mentioned are recommended and warrantied for vehicle/fleet graphics with all but the standard Simple Curve even recommended for rivets, which is why I specifically asked about those products. I've used the GF on a 53' semi trailer with over 25,000 rivets and it worked great for the price. I've used IJ35 for signs and other projects but on vehicles I try to stay with products recommended for that use. I don't want the cheapest vinyl/lam that can work, but the most economical vinyl/lam for vehicles/fleet.

acothran

CS Sign Supply would be happy to help you with your General Formulations needs

I'm looking for a "Print to Trade" wholesaler that can print on General Formulation. I send print-ready files, they send me back a product that is printed, laminate, trimmed and ready to install. If CS Sign Supply offers this, send me a PM. Thanks.