• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer is wonky

jbaydude

Hello all, my name is John, I come from South Africa, we had an unexpected loadshedding time, Power goes off, since then this is how the printer prints, reinstalled the rgram, but still it prints this way, any ideas
how to fix this, kind regards Johno
wonky.jpeg

rjssigns

Electrical issue. Power surge most likely cooked something. Maybe VanderJ will pop in and give you a more specific range of things.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Electrical issue. Power surge most likely cooked something. Maybe VanderJ will pop in and give you a more specific range of things.
I agree. It's definitely something blown electronically. Most likely the main board. Unfortunately other than finding someone who can test and repair boards, you're going to have to throw parts at it. My guess is the main board but it could be the head or any cable or board between the head and the main board.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Here would be my approach:

1. Start by Testing the Motor/Linear Encoder. #TEST => ENCODER (you’ll need to boot with the Service Menus turned on. The Carriage should go out and back three times and if there are any issues, an Error will be thrown. If so, clean or replace the Encoder Strip.

2. While I agree with Solventinkjet that is could be an electrical issue, I think it’s most likely that you’ve worn through one or more of ribbon cables that run through the chain. Get me the exact model and size of the machine and I’ll get you the part numbers needed.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
This is why we should ALWAYS HAVE YOUR PRINTER CONNECTED TO A UPS POWER SUPPLY BACKUP FOLKS.