• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on clear vinyl

classic12

We have mimaki jv3 that we have only used to print onto White vinyl and stuck onto correx.
We are trying to printonto clear vinyl and leave a clear window. The problem is with a photo stuck onto a black background you do not see the print. I know there is White ink for the printer would this cure the problem or there any techniques to improve on this.

Cheers

stevew

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
We have mimaki jv3 that we have only used to print onto White vinyl and stuck onto correx.
We are trying to printonto clear vinyl and leave a clear window. The problem is with a photo stuck onto a black background you do not see the print. I know there is White ink for the printer would this cure the problem or there any techniques to improve on this.

The only way you can print on a non-white media is to be able to print with white ink. Not only be able to print with white ink, but be able to lay it down in sufficient quantity that it's opaque.

Printing on non-white media without white ink makes the media the white point and nothing on the print will can be lighter than the media. Not to mention the monumental color shifts.

copythat

WHite ink or

You can place a white background behind it. We actually learned the hard way about the clear letters. The letters realy do pop after that. We have even done it with different color backgrounds. Next time I get back on this I will show a picture of it. Customer loved it!

Sports4Less

I bought this white window masking spray that I heard may work but have not yet tried it. If it works, I will let you know.

DO Grafx

I have run into this problem also. We just put white vinyl behind it and it looked great! Also, if you look in the 2009 Fellers catalog I believe there is something in there for this.