• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Magnet Material

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Its better I think to print to vinyl and mount to the magnet, you can get cheaper material if its uncoated. That way if you mess up you don't have to waste the magnet

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We've had multiple failures printing to vinyl and then adhering to the magnetic material. The manufacturers are now telling us this is wrong to do.... when this is what we've been doing for years and suddenly it just stopped working.

I'm a little p!ssed off of how we were treated by Magnum. Like we don't know what we're doing, when we've been doing it the way they originally told us to do it. :noway:

Mosh

I have had issues with covering magnetic sign with full prints. I think the film shrinking makes the mag curl. I still do it this way, they are just magnets designed for temporary use.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I had a bunch done for a football fundraiser and I asked the sign shop to apply edge curl and he said he does this regardless on magnetic signs because sometimes he will get edge lift.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We've had multiple failures printing to vinyl and then adhering to the magnetic material. The manufacturers are now telling us this is wrong to do.... when this is what we've been doing for years and suddenly it just stopped working.

I'm a little p!ssed off of how we were treated by Magnum. Like we don't know what we're doing, when we've been doing it the way they originally told us to do it. :noway:

Yeah that sucks they tell you that, I wonder why its happening now?

Mosh

I don't get edge lift of the graphic, the whole magnetic material curls, graphic and magnet.

TXFB.INS

I don't get edge lift of the graphic, the whole magnetic material curls, graphic and magnet.

What is the brand? PPI for the material?

we switched to CAR-SAFE (from fellers) after getting screwed by Magnum and so far the material have been ideal and have had no edge curls with full color (hunter green and black) plus it has a higher PPI than magnum does

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had a thread going some time ago about this very problem. Here's a picture or two to remind others what is happening.
mag full-1 copy.jpg
mag full-4 copy.jpg

MikePro

get the GOOD magnetic material, print on vinyl, and apply to magnet material before you trim to shape... and you'll never have, or had, any issues like myself.
EZPZ