• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with arlon 4500 gx causing bubbles

mzueger

I have been using this material for small lexan back lit exterior signs. Since it is air release and clear adhesive, it makes a great alternative to translucent material..or at least I thought so. They install fine and look great at first. I have been getting complaints that there are random bubbles the size of gulf balls popping up. Is this from the install? Maybe I am not squeegeeing hard enough to get the air out (dry install) and it is working its way to one general area? Or is this the completely wrong material for this type of job.

Any advise would be great!
Thanks!

mzueger

I post heat when I use 3m 180c on wraps but I didn't on these. I assume that it's the air moving on its own to the weakest point. I'll try the post heat.. thank you!

Also, it seems to work great as a translucent even tho its not meant to be.. the price is right also.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I post heat when I use 3m 180c on wraps but I didn't on these. I assume that it's the air moving on its own to the weakest point. I'll try the post heat.. thank you!

Also, it seems to work great as a translucent even tho its not meant to be.. the price is right also.

We find it works well for backlit also as long as its mounted to translucent white poly carb, if its on clear it gets washed out unless you do 2 surfaces.