• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC suppliers

Jean Shimp

We do a lot of PVC signs and letters and have found certain brands of PVC are much better to rout than others. The denser the material the cleaner it routs. We have been using Celtec by Vycom but our current supplier, Tubelite, has been bought out by Grimco. Grimco only sells Palight PVC which we have found to be inferior for routing as the edges tend to get frayed. I would like to find some other brands for PVC similar to Celtec in density. There are several manufacturers but it is hard to tell by looking at the product specifications how well it will do on the router. Other than buying a full sheet of new material to test, which can be timely and expensive, we are looking for options. I am hoping to get some feedback from other sign makers who rout PVC. Any suggestions? Thanks.

tbullo

Superunknown
I'm not a fan of Palight either. We cut Komacel for outdoor signs here. I like the finish on it and it routes really good. We buy it from Harbor sales here.