• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Qe-60 using Corel X3

tmsigns

I just reciently bought an Vinyl Express Qe-60 and I am trying to use Corel X3 for making my designs. Does anyone know how to setup this plotter using Corel? It came with LXi but I really like Corel much better. Before getting the Qe, I used a 12" stika. I would create in corel, export then import into dr. stika.

Thanks,
tmsigns

Ken

I dont know the qe 60 but I imagine you need to export your files to a file type that the qe understands. What file types DOES it understand..that's where you need to go.
Ken

511graphix

I ve been designing for 4 years in Coral 9, I have a Panter 24" and LXI. and the way I have been doing it for years, is to export the file in to LXI with Coralexchange format. but I have X3 now and yesturday I was wanting to cut some small numbers.(THAT WERE IN CURVE FORM NOT FONT) and I didnt want to save anther file for it. so I just copyed the shape. and pasted it into LXI and it worked. so no more exporting lol

:Sleeping:

D3G

I use Corel for my designing and export the file as an EPS. Import it to LXi and it's there. If you use two different computers and don't carry the same fonts on both make sure you convert the lettering to curves.

I have the Qe60 and it's a great little piece of gear.